An intermittent or slow network connection can cause QuickBooks error 12029 while updating QuickBooks payroll software. If that’s not the case, another possibility is that your accounting software is not getting an IP address. Whatever the reason is, you can easily get it fixed with a proper understanding of the issue. QuickBooks is a reliable and most trusted accounting software but we can not deny the usual encounter of QB users with errors on their screen. The random errors come out of nowhere and frustrate the users. Therefore, we are here to help. In this blog, you will learn all about QuickBooks error 12029, what causes such errors and how you can easily fix it on your own. Connect with our team of experts if you find any issues while going through this blog. Our QuickBooks support team is available to help round the clock 24*7 so you can use the software smoothly.
Understanding QuickBooks Error 12029: A Network Time-out Error
QuickBooks payroll update error 1029 comes up either when the servers are not connected to a stable network or when they are unable to communicate with QB software within the allotted time. Most of the time this situation happens while updating QB desktop software or payroll software which causes the error.
Causes Behind QuickBooks error code 12029
Numerous causes lead to QuickBooks error 12029. So, in this section, we will categorize all the causes to understand them efficiently.
External factors that cause QuickBooks error code 12029
- The error might be due to the QuickBooks payroll update.
- The firewall or internet settings are restricting the proper functioning of QuickBooks.
- You have not set Internet Explorer (IE) as your default browser.
- You have improper or incorrect SSL settings.
Internal factors that cause QuickBooks error code 12029
- QuickBooks software is unable to connect to the internet
- Other connection issues in QuickBooks.
- The server is not connected properly or it is blocked.
- QuickBooks update timeout.
7 Effective Ways to fix QuickBooks error 12029
There are numerous possible solutions to fix QuickBooks error code 12029, but you have to find the root cause before you begin to fix it. Finding the most appropriate will help you in finding the best solution as well. Else, check out the solutions given below one by one to find the best fix.
Solution 1: Check & Confirm Network Settings
QuickBooks is supported by Internet Explorer to access the internet. Therefore, make sure it is set as your default web browser. Follow the steps given below to check network settings.
- First, close your QuickBooks software.
- Open the Internet Explorer (IE)
- Go to the ‘Tools’ button next to the ‘Home’ button or press the ‘Alt+X’ key.
- After that, go to the last second option ‘Internet options.
- Click on ‘Security’ in the pop-up window next to the ‘General’ tab
- Search for the ‘Globe’ icon and click on it to check the security level. Ensure that the security level is ‘medium high’ as shown in the image below.
- Now, move to the ‘Connections’ tab.
- Dial up section is empty, select the never dial a connection.
- If the dial up section has a dial up node, select the correct internet service provider.
- After that, click on ‘LAN settings’ on the same screen.
- Click on the check box, Automatically detect settings.
- Next, click on the checkbox under the queriesProxy server
- Go to, click on ‘Advanced’
- Restore advanced settings.
- Choose TLS 1.2 and click on the OK button.
- Now, close the browser and reboot your system.
- Download and run the TLS 1.2 utility as a default security protocol.
If you have any queries while following any of the steps given above, connect with the QuickBooks experts.
Solution 2: Check & Confirm Antivirus and Firewall Settings
Another common reason that causes QuickBooks error 12029 is incorrect antivirus and firewall settings. This additional software sometimes causes hindrance while connecting with the servers. If this is the case, check and configure the settings as given below to fix the issue.
- First, download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Once downloaded and installed, run the application and let it configure the firewall and open the ports.
This tool is used to identify and resolve all network related issues. This will probably fix your issue. If the error persists, move to the next possible solution.
Solution 3: Install & Update Quickbooks Desktop Security Certificate
Step 1: Find the file location
- First, right-click on your QuickBooks software icon and go to ‘Properties’.
- Next, go to the ‘Shortcut’ tab and click on ‘Open file location’.
- Click on the OK button.
- Pro, Premier, or Premier Accountant: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX
- Enterprise or Enterprise Accountant: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions XX.0
Step 2: Install The Certificate
- First open Windows Explorer or press Win + E keys simultaneously
- Go to the folder where you have the application file and right click on it to go to ‘Properties’.
- Next, go to the Digital Signature tab and select an entry from the signature list.
- Select Details and click on ‘View Certificate’.
- Now, click on the General Tab and click on Install Certificate.
- This will open a Certificate Import Wizard screen.
- Ensure the Store Location is on Current User and click OK
- On the Certificate Store window, click on Windows already selected the certificate store based on the type of certificate.
- Click on Next
- After that click on Finish. Once the import is successful, click OK
Solution 4: Restore Default Internet Connectivity Options
- To begin with, open the Google search engine using your Internet Explorer (IE) browser.
- Once the screen is open without any issue, check the internet connection you are getting.
- Next, check the date and time set in your system.
- Then, go to the ‘Tools’ option shown on the top right of your screen and click on the internet options.
- Now, go to the Advanced tab.
- Click on the Reset/ Restore defaults button
- Click on the OK button.
- Lastly, try to update QuickBooks desktop or payroll software and see if the error persists.
Move to the next solution, if the error isn’t fixed yet.
Solution 5: Start Windows In Safe Mode
Follow the steps given below to start windows in safe mode. Doing this might help you resolve QuickBooks error 12029.
- Press the Windows logo + I keys simultaneously open Settings or you can go to Settings manually.
- Then, click on Update & Security > Recovery.
- Go to Advanced startup, click on ‘Restart now’.
- This will take you to the Choose an option screen, click on Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart on each screen respectively.
- Now see the option of safe mode on your screen and press F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode. if you wish to use the internet as well, press F5 for safe mode with networking.
Solution 6: Re-configure QuickBooks payroll
Another method to fix QuickBooks error 12029 is to reconnect the system to the network. Once you connect with the network, restart the software. Follow the steps given below to continue updating payroll updates.
- Switch off your internet connection and unplug the router for at least 10 seconds.
- Reconnect your router and wait till the network gets stable.
- Open your QuickBooks software and open your company file
- Press Ctrl+K keys simultaneously.
- Click on the ‘Edit’ option
- Uncheck the’ open payroll setup’.
This will start updating your software. Wait till it is updated successfully.
Solution 7: Configure SSL Settings For Internet Explorer
Check the SSL settings if you have not been able to resolve the QB update error 12029.
- Open your QuickBooks software and click on Help > Internet connection settings.
- Next, click on the advanced connection setting.
Check the following internet properties in the advanced tab:
- Check if you are using SSL 2.0 or SSL 3.0 for security.
- Next, go to the ‘Connect’ tab and click OK.
- Restart your QuickBooks software and click on the ‘Help’ menu.
- Click on the ‘Update Now’ button.
Configure SSL settings internet explorer outside of QuickBooks
- Open your internet browser- Internet Explorer
- Go to ‘Tool’ on the top-right of your screen and move down to select ‘Internet options’.
- Next, Go to the Advanced Tab and select SSL 2.0and SSL 3.0
- Click on Apply > OK to save the changes.
This will probably fix your error. Try updating the Quickdesktop or payroll software to check if the error is resolved or not.
Need technical assistance to resolve QuickBooks error 12029?
Connect with the experts if none of the solutions listed above worked for you and you continue to suffer due to QuickBooks error 12029. The technical experts will help you figure out the cause which you are not able to identify. They will guide you in the best way possible and help you fix the issue in no time.