QuickBooks by Intuit is one of the best accounting software available in the market for Global Business leaders. The software is designed to help business organizations, firms, and associations to manage their finance or accounting-related business activities. QuickBooks comes with wonderful features like business analysis reports, automatic payment schedules, multi-user mode, track inventory, and many more. Although QuickBooks software is easy to use and delivers great performance, many users encounter QuickBooks error h505 while using the software services. This error code usually appears when the user tries to access the company files present on the other systems. If you are also facing the same problem with your QuickBooks software, this course can help you.
Here, we are going to share some easy guidelines that can help you to fix QuickBooks error h505 on your device. We will also discuss the possible reasons behind the error and its symptoms. So, let's proceed next and follow the simple instructions mentioned to resolve multi-user error H505 on your QuickBooks software.
Before we move further and learn more about QuickBooks h505 error, there are certain things that you need to keep in mind:
- Make sure that you have correctly installed the QuickBooks software on your system.
- The software can be a full desktop version with a database or only with a license manager host.
- You must have the QuickBook application installed on the server, otherwise, you cannot access it in multi-user mode.
- Download the QuickBooks software only from the official website.
QuickBooks error code h505: Possible Reasons
- Damaged or incorrect ".ND" File: ND configuration file helps the QuickBooks software to access the organization file on the network. If the.ND file is damaged or incorrect, the software will not work.
- QuickBooks services not initiated: QuickBooks services like " QBCFMonitor or QuickBooksDBXX" helps to resolve issues while working on the software. If the services are not activated, you may get QuickBooks error h505 on your device.
- Incorrect hosting configuration settings: incorrect hosting configuration settings can also lead to the error code H505.
- Wrong DNS settings: Incorrect or organized DNS settings in the workstation can also be the reason behind error code H505.
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks error h505?
Below we have listed some of the most common symptoms of QuickBooks error h505:
- When the error code appears it crashes the active program on your Windows.
- The error code may crash your device.
- QuickBooks error h505 appearing on the screen.
- Windows responds to your commands slowly.
- The system freezes periodically.
Now that you know the possible reasons behind the error, you can proceed next and fix QuickBooks error code h505 on your device. Below, we are sharing some simple step-by-step troubleshooting guidelines that can help you to fix the issue.
Fix QuickBooks error code H505: Guidelines to follow
1- Create a new company file folder
You can create a new company file folder to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code h505. Below are the step-by-step guidelines to do so:
- First of all, on the " hosting computer", create a " replacement" folder.
- Once the folder is created, share the windows access permission and original folder for sharing the company files.
- If you are not using the digital computer, you can take help from the QuickBooks professional to get it done on your device.
- In the new folder you have created, copy ".qbw file" in the multiple user mode.
- Click to open the company files.
2- Open the network ports that software uses for transmitting knowledge
Configure the firewall settings
- Open the " Windows firewall settings".
- Now, right-click on the " Windows" option.
- Go to the " instrument panel".
- Here, type " firewall" in the search field, hit the " enter" button.
- Choose the " Windows Firewall" option.
- Go to the " advanced settings".
- Move to the left panel and right-click on the " outbound rules" option.
- Choose the " new rules" option.
- Click on the "Ports".
- Hit the " next" button.
- After this, you have to click on "TCP". In the local ports, type the following ports:
a- For QuickBooks 2018 desktop version: "8019,56728,55378-55382". b- For QuickBooks 2017 desktop version:"8019,56727,55373-55377". c-QuickBooks 2016 desktop version:"8019,56726,55368-55372". d-QB 2015 desktop version:"8019,56725,55363-55367".
- Hit the " next" button.
- Choose the " allow the connection" option.
- Tab on the "next". Enter the name in the name field, and hit the “finish" button
- For the inbound rules, repeat the first five steps.
- Open QuickBooks software and access it in multi-user mode again.
Turn on network Discovery
- Go to the " control panel".
- Choose the " System and security" option.
- Click the " Windows Firewall" option.
- Here, choose the " permit associate app/feature" option in the left pane.
- Hit the " modification" button.
- Choose " Network Discovery". Hit the " OK" button.
Know the server name
- Press the " Windows + r" key together to open the run box.
- Here, type "CMD" and hit the enter button.
- Now, type " config/all" and hit the enter button.
- Go to the " IP configuration", find the " hostname".
- The server name will appear on the right side.
- Hit the "Save" button.
These steps will help you to resolve QuickBooks error H505 on your device. In case your problem is not resolved yet, proceed with the next troubleshooting steps and fix it.
3-Check hosting and services
To verify hosting, follow the steps below:
- Open the QuickBooks software on each workstation.
- Choose the "File" option.
- Click on " Utilities".
- If the " Host multi-user" access is showing on the list, your system is not hosting the company file.
- If the "Host multi-user" access is showing at the workstation, move to the next system. Here, you do not need to change anything.
- If the "Stop hosting the multi-user access" is showing, you need to choose this option.
- Repeat the first three steps for every system.
To verify QuickBooks services, proceed with the guidelines mentioned below:
- Press " Windows + R" together to open the run box.
- Here, type "MSC" then hit the enter button.
- In the windows search bar, type " services. MSC" and hit the button.
- Here you have to scroll and find the " QuickBooksDBXX" service.
- Now, you need to double click on the "QuickBooksDBXX" service to fix QuickBooks error h505 on your device. One thing you need to make sure is that the " startup kind" is set up to be automatic, and " repair standing" starts or runs.
- Tap the " recovery" option.
- If the process fails, restart the "QuickBooksDBXX" service mechanically. Also, do the same for other failures.
- Hit the Ok button to save the changes.
- Repeat the first six steps for "QBCFMonitorService".
- Open the software in multi-user mode on every system.
If you are still getting QuickBooks error code H505 on your device, you need to check for the "QuickBooksDBXX" service which is a member of the Administrative cluster.
4- Check and make sure that the services are running fine
- To access the services running on your device, click the "Start" button.
- Open run dialogue box in type " services. MSC" in it.
- The list of services will appear on your screen.
Once you see the service list appearing, you can proceed with the instructions mentioned below:
- Tap on the name column and sort it alphabetically. Look for the QuickbooksDBXX.
- Right-click on it, go to the " properties" section.
- Find and set the startup type as automatic. Make sure that service status is marked as " started" or " running".
- If the status is stopped, you need to start it.
- Go to the " recovery" tab. Choose the "First failure" option.
- Choose the " restart service" option.
- The service will restart automatically. You can proceed with the same steps to fix the other failures.
Your service will now initiate without any trouble, however, you make it the Error Code H505 when you click the Start button. In case this happens, proceed with the steps below.
- Open the " log on" tab.
- Choose the " Browser" option.
- Now you have to enter the name of your computer in the " enter the object name to select" field.
- Hit the "Check names" option.
- Hit the OK button. When prompted, provide the administration password.
- Hit the OK button.
- Get back to the "QuickbooksDB" property section and hit the "Start" button.
- Close all the windows and check if the service is running fine.
4- Edit the host file
- Open the run box.
- Type "Cmd", and hit the enter button.
- Now, type " ipconfig/all" in the command prompt and hit the enter button.
- Note down the IP address and hostname. Repeat the instructions for all computers with a multi-user setup.
Edit the Host File to Fix QuickBooks Error H505. Here are the steps to follow:
- Close the QuickBooks software.
- Go to the Start menu.
- Check and make sure that you are at the following address:
"C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc or C:\Windows\Syswow64\Drivers\Etc"
If you are unable to find out the folder in "This PC", proceed with the next instructions:
- Choose the "View" tab.
- Click " Hidden items". Here you can check the hidden files.
- Right-click on the host file and open it with a notepad.
- Find computer name and IP address. While entering the details use a tab key instead of a spacebar to get space between the computer name and IP address.
- Save the changes and open the QuickBooks software again.
We hope that after following these simple steps you would be able to fix QuickBooks error h505 for the multi-user setup. If your problem is still not resolved, immediately contact the QuickBooks support team for expert help. The professionals are available around the clock, so you can call them or message them anytime you want for immediate assistance to troubleshoot the problem.