QuickBooks is one of the profound accounting software that is developed and designed by Intuit. It helps small and medium-sized businesses to manage financial activities in a trouble-free manner. However, to avail of its astounding latest features, QuickBooks is required to be updated. But it is also the fact that when you attempt updating QuickBooks to the current version, technical errors pop up. Most of the time you can come across QuickBooks Error 15215 during the QB update process. Such a specific error code usually appears while performing payroll updates or maintenance releases. To get it resolved within a second, you are suggested to read the post. In this guide, you will learn why it occurs and how to solve it effortlessly.
What Causes Leading To QuickBooks Error 15215?
Well, there are various suitable reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks Error 15215 Server Not Responding. Here is the complete list:
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Corrupted QuickBooks payroll files.
- Windows system is infected with a virus or malicious threats.
- QuickBooks files might be deleted mistakenly.
- Incorrect configuration of Internet Explorer.
- Such an error may take place if another program is running simultaneously in the background when QuickBooks payroll is updating.
What Identifies QuickBooks Error 15215?
Following are the signs that indicate that your QuickBooks application has QuickBooks Maintenance Release Error 15215. Check out them:
- When the QB Error Code 15215 occurs, you will notice that all the active programs & applications get crashed.
- Your operating system will get corrupted while the same program running anonymously.
- The “Error 15215: Unable to verify digital signature” message appears.
- Slow & sluggish performance of the windows system.
Also Read: How Do I Fix QuickBooks Update Error 1328?
Different Effective Ways To Resolve QuickBooks Error 15215
The QuickBooks Error #15215 is normally triggered when another application running in the background interferes with the payroll update process. But don’t panic! We have compiled various troubleshooting methods that will be beneficial for you in solving such an annoying error. Let’s take a brief look at below and fix your problem as quickly as lightning:
Method 1: Run QuickBooks As A Windows Administrator
Here’s how to do so:
- First, make sure that the QuickBooks application is closed.
- Now, place a right-click on the “Desktop” icon.
- Then, choose the “Run as Administrator” option
- Afterward, press “Yes” when you receive the “Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?” message.
This is it! QuickBooks is now running as a Windows Administrator. And hence, it has the authority to control all the Windows applications to be running properly. If you still face QuickBooks Update Error 15215 Server Not Responding, proceed to the next solving method.
Method 2: Verify TLS Settings
In this section, you have to ensure that Use TLS 1.0 is checked, and Use TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 are unchecked. Here’s how to check on your Internet Explorer:
- First, close the ‘QuickBooks’ application if it is running on your PC.
- Next, open the “Internet Explorer” browser on your Windows Desktop.
- Thereafter, go to the “Tools” menu and then select the “Internet Option” tab.
- Now, place a single tap on the “Advanced Settings” tab.
- Afterward, under the “Advanced Settings” section, search for the ‘Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1, and Use TLS 1.2’ options.
- Later, check if there is a tick-mark to the “Use TLS 1.0” option. If there is not, place a click on the check-box to select this option.
- And also have to ensure that the “Use TLS 1.1” & “Use TLS 1.2” options are not checked. If they are selected, give a single tap on the check-box to remove the selection.
- Now, press the “OK” button to close the windows.
- Close the Internet Explorer browser window.
- Reboot your system and then restart the QuickBooks.
- Finally, check for the updates and download the available QuickBooks updates.
If this doesn’t work in making QuickBooks Error 15215 eradicated, jump to the next solution.
Method 3: Restart The Windows In Selective Startup
Here’s what you should perform for the same:
- First and forecast, close the QuickBooks application.
- Next, open the ‘Run’ windows:-
- For Windows XP: press the “Start” button and then select the “Run” icon.
- For Windows 7 & Vista: Click on the “Start” icon, go to the “All Program” tab => “Accessories” tab and then select the “Run” tab.
- Windows 8 & 10: Press the “Windows + R” keys simultaneously on the keyboard.
- In the “Run” dialogue box, type “MSConfig” and then press the “OK” button.
- Doing so the “System Configuration Utility” window will open.
- On that pane select the ‘Selective Startup’ option & un-tick the ‘Load Startup’ item checkbox.
- Hit the “OK” tab to save the changes.
- Now, restart your system.
- Once the system gets restarted, open QuickBooks and try downloading the latest updated tax table.
- If you are enabled to successfully download the update, follow steps 1 to 4 to get back to the “System Configuration Utility”.
- Afterward, select the “Normal Startup” tab.
- Now, hit the “OK” button.
- Finally, restart your PC once again.
Also Read: Quick Fix to Resolve QuickBooks Error code 80070057
Contact To Tech Specialists Anytime For One-Stop Remedy
We hope that we can provide you with satisfying instructive ideas for eliminating the QuickBooks Error 15215 problem. In case, you won’t find the given piece of information productive, make a direct connection with us. We are qualified tech-savvy available round the clock at our toll-free number for your better support. We always try our best in delivering a quality assistance to our needy customers. Thus, give an instant ring and stay united with us until your problem gets annihilated.